Butternut Squash Please

November 06, 2014

Soups on! I don't know about you, but as soon as the leafs begin to change colour I automatically start to crave soup.  

Nothing like a good hearty warm bowl of soup on a chilly day. Makes me happy just thinking about it. 

Most of my inventions in the kitchen are a matter of "what's in my fridge". I'd like to think of myself as an inventive cook. I always try to make use of any ingredients I have available to me. My creations aren't always amazing. But damn when I get it right, YUMMO :)

That's when my Butternut Squash soap was born :) 

Ingredients 
1 medium sized Butternut Squash chopped and peeled 
2 medium sized carrots chopped and peeled 
2 cups Cauliflower (optional) chopped and rinsed 
1 medium onion chopped  
1 TBSP Olive Oil 
3-6 Gloves of garlic 
2 Turkey legs 
.5 Portuguese Chorizo mild or spicy.( or any sausage of choice) 
Season to taste. 
Salt 
Pepper 
Garlic Powder. 

Direction's 
  1. Bring Turkey legs, Chorizo and 2-3 Gloves of garlic to a boil.  
  2. While you're waiting for the ingredients to boil, peel/Chop butternut squash and carrots. Rinse/ Chop cauliflower. 
  3. In another pot add olive oil, chopped onions and 2-3 gloves of garlic finely chopped. Allow to get golden brown. 
  4. Add all chopped vegetables to the pot with your caramelize onions and garlic. 
  5. Pour just enough filtered Turkey stock into the pot to cover the amount of veggies. Dont forget your Garlic! Bring everything to a to a boil. 
  6. Once all ingredients are cooked , use a hand blender to purée your soup. 
  7. Chop up chorizo into thin slices. Remove turkey from turkey leg into small bite size pieces. Add both to your soup 
  8. Season with 1-2 chicken flavoured bullion cubes. Salt and Pepper to taste and always,always garlic powder. 

Recipe Notes 

  • The Amount of Garlic used is completely up to you. I LOVE garlic. Buy you can always reduce the amount according to your preference. 
  • Turkey stock can be filtered using a kitchen filter before poured over vegitables. 
  • Chorizo can be thinly sliced or you can ground it up in a food processor.  
  • Also if you find the soup too thick add more water or Turkey stock if you didn't use it all. 

This is one of my favourite soups to make. I love the flavour that the chorizo brings to the butternut squash.Lets be honest, I love ANYTHING with chorizo. 

Hopefully your family enjoys this one as much as mine! 

Xo 

Joana 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images